Here are some nice articles on 2D materials and vdW heterostructures. These papers sketch a prospective and review of these material systems:
- “Van der Waals heterostructures” by A. K. Geim and I. V. Grigorieva in Nature on 24 July 2013.
- “2D materials and van der Waals heterostructures“ by K. S. Novoselov, A. Mishchenko, A. Carvalho, A. H. Castro Neto in Science on 29 Jul 2016.
- “Van der Waals stacked 2D layered materials for optoelectronics” by Wenjing Zhang, Qixing Wang, Yu Chen, Zhuo Wang and Andrew T S Wee in 2D Materials on 13 April 2016.
- “Van der Waals heterostructures and devices” by Yuan Liu, Nathan O. Weiss, Xidong Duan, Hung-Chieh Cheng, Yu Huang and Xiangfeng Duan in Nature Materials on 12 July 2016.
- “Devices and applications of van der Waals heterostructures” by Chao Li, Peng Zhoo and David Wei Zhang in Journal of Semiconductors on 31 October 2016.
And here is a special issue on “Two-dimensional materials beyond Graphene and their van der Waals heterostructues”